Composite Winding Customer: Haydale Composite Solutions
Skill: Specialist knowledge in the application of graphene in polymers and composites
Composite Winding Project
The Brief: To design and commission a KR210 based robot cell to provide a development platform for EPL to carry out studies on winding composite fibre onto a robot held former.
This included the following activities:
- Design and install guarding to suit the floor requirements at EPL (now Haydale Composite Solutions)
- Install and design cell controls for the KR210 robot and KRC2 Edition 5 controller
- To install and commission the robot at Haydale’s premises.
- Provide programming training for the new cell
- (Tool path programming is carried out using CADFIL software)
The Cell Consists of:
- KR210 Robot.
- KRC2 Edition 5 Controller with KSS 5.4.14.
- Beckhoff IO Modules on DeviceNet.
- Inputs & Outputs.
- Robot and guarding mechanical Installation.
- Electrical Installation and commissioning for the robot, guarding and control panel
- Robot programming training.