Robotic welding helps companies gain a competitive advantage over those companies that have not made the transition to welding automation. Robot welding is becoming increasingly attractive for job shops and contract manufacturers because experienced welders can oversee the productivity of more than one robotic welder at a time.
Robotic performance continues to grow, now is the perfect time for small and mid-sized companies that have been waiting for a decline in robotic prices to automate their process. We can show you how to determine the value of your investment or check ROI Robot Systems Calculator Tool.
There are some key considerations to ensure that the parts to be welded are appropriate to an automated welding process such as selecting the right system, physical space and training welding operators properly are just a few factors that can help companies gain the best efficiencies and the best of the return on investment.
Benefits of robotic welding systems
- 1. It allows increased production. Parts move through the system more quickly and routines set for the robotic welder.
- 2. Consistency and repeatability of the weld. Significant improvements in productivity and finished part quality
- 3. Robot welding place the same quality welds in the same spots, with minimal human error.
- 4. Lower production costs by reducing labour requirements. You can have a good welder supervising the work of several automated cells instead having to find and train a lot of welders for the job.
- 5. Industrial robot reduced the overall cost of the product. Filler material and weld wire are used more economically and less wastefully.
- 6. Consistent cycle times, no break in production, and very precise allowing for less weld spattering and less post-weld clean-up
- 7. Robotic systems can tolerate much hasher work environments and they can operate at higher amperages.
Phoenix, integrates and installs complete Robotic welding solutions from initial design and consultation to manufacturing, bespoke in-house software programming, installation, commissioning, training, and technical support.